Saturday, February 11, 2012
Whole Wheat Pizza
Whole Wheat Dough Ingredients
1 1/2 cup warm water
2 packets (1/4 oz each) active dry yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
Palm of salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions (written for a bread machine, but you can make it by hand, as well)
1. Add ingredients to bread machine in the order listed above.
2. Set the machine to the "dough" setting. This typically takes 1:15, but your dough is ready at the end without the need to punch it down or knead it.
3. Split the dough into desired sections. I typically split it into 4 equal sections so that it makes 2 meals.
4. Roll dough to desired thickness. I highly suggest using corn meal opposed to flour fr our rolling and baking purposes.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until crust is golden.
Baked or grilled chicken breast