This is really tasty and quick to make. It is also nice and healthy.
1. Slice an avocado in half and slice out the meat. Keep the shell for serving.
2. Chop 3 cherry tomatoes, 1 mushroom, a small amount of onion, and 2 mini peppers.
3. Gently toss with the avocado and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
4. Spoon back into the avocado shell and serve!
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Whole Wheat Dough Ingredients
1 1/2 cup warm water
2 packets (1/4 oz each) active dry yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
Palm of salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions (written for a bread machine, but you can make it by hand, as well)
1. Add ingredients to bread machine in the order listed above.
2. Set the machine to the "dough" setting. This typically takes 1:15, but your dough is ready at the end without the need to punch it down or knead it.
3. Split the dough into desired sections. I typically split it into 4 equal sections so that it makes 2 meals.
4. Roll dough to desired thickness. I highly suggest using corn meal opposed to flour fr our rolling and baking purposes.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until crust is golden.
Baked or grilled chicken breast
1 1/4 pounds large shrimp (I like to get them peeled and clean so as not to deal with the mess and extra work)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic (garlic powder will work if you don't have fresh garlic)
1 tablespoon each fresh chopped rosemary and thyme (or a few shakes of ground rosemary/thyme)
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Combine lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and herbs together in a resealable bag. Add shrimp and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour (make sure to turn it over halfway through as your mixture probably won't cover all of the shrimp entirely).
2. Grill over high heat on the BBQ or in a grill pan, about 3 minutes per side.
I like to serve these over salad for lunch or over pasta for dinner.